COVID-19 VACCINE RESOURCES FOR YOU
There are many questions about the COVID-19 vaccine and getting a vaccination in the DMV. What do you want to know? Heart to Hand has put together an e-book, COVID-19 Vaccine Resources, so you can get the information you need about resources – in one place. This e-book will save you time and frustration. Click on the book to see what’s in it for you.
The CDC estimates that 110 million people in the U.S. have a sexually transmitted infection at any given time . What’s more, 50 percent of infections occur in young people, ages 15-24 .
Our research showed that young people and gay and bisexual men are at greatest risk of becoming infected with an STD. Young women, however, face the most serious long-term health consequences: it is estimated that undiagnosed STDs cause 24,000 women to become infertile each year .
TREVORLIFELINE HOTLINE FOR LGBTQ YOUTH
Listed below are websites that offer information about HIV and other STDs as well as education and advice on various health issues.
- Your Guide to Sexually Transmitted Disease http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/guide/sexual-health-stds
- Basic Prevention for All STDs http://www.cdc.gov/std/prevention/default.htm
- 28 STD Risk Assessment Calculators http://www.calculators.org/health/std-risk.php
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Symptoms http://www.healthline.com/health/sexually-transmitted-diseases/symptoms#Overview1
- Treatments for Specific Types of STDs and STIs http://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/stds/conditioninfo/Pages/specific.aspx
- Find HIV Testing and Care Services in your area by zip code as well as locations that have Spanish translation. https://www.hiv.gov/
- HIV/AIDS information, news, research, expert advice, treatment, prevention, etc. http://www.thebody.com/
- HIV Services Directory for District Residents https://doh.dc.gov/
- HIV services for women and girls https://www.thewellproject.org/
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/
- The Office on Women’s Health, U.S. Department of Health and Services https://www.womenshealth.gov/
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services https://healthfinder.gov/
- National HIV and STD Testing Resources https://gettested.cdc.gov/
- Facts and services on abortion, birth control, morning after pill, STDs and Breast Cancer Screenings https://www.plannedparenthood.org/
- On World AIDS Day, Pr. George’s Co. leaders urge residents to take ownership of their health https://wtop.com/prince-georges-county/2017/12/world-aids-day-pr-georges-co-leaders-urge-residents-take-ownership-health/
- 110M STD cases in U.S.; under-25 most at risk http://www.sfgate.com/national/article/States-with-the-highest-risk-of-STDs-6033532.php
- Annual Awareness Dayshttps://www.hiv.gov/events/awareness-days